Continuing with ambient sound experimentation, last week I recorded a policeman interrogating a women outside the local library. Due to very blustery weather conditions that day, the original recording wasn’t clear which made it difficult to decipher most of the dialogue. Using the Audacity software, I enlarged the waveforms as to clearly identify areas to reduce the background noise (low levels) on the whole recording. However, when low levels and high levels clashed, this caused distortion which made the recording very unbalanced. Finally, I decided on selecting one area of dialogue, amplifying, echoing and altering the tempo. As a result, I’ve created something penetrative with a menacing repetitious edge to it.