This morning I considered the tools and materials for making the maquettes. However, when I got to the nearby 100 Yen (57p) shop, I discovered more interesting materials such as polystyrene, vinyl and aluminium so I ended up getting all sorts of materials and functional objects that I could experiment with. Bar the pair of scissors, the total cost for the tools and materials came to, 1,080 yen which is roughly £6 quid…bargain!
I measured the monitor which gave me a rough idea when cutting the polystyrene boards. Fortunately, the boards are A4 so I didn’t need to spend a lot of time cutting and measuring. I wish I had my voice recorder with me, the acoustics in my apartment when cutting and breaking the polystyrene were absorbing. I purposely didn’t work to music like I usually do. As a result, I could think about new ideas while I was cutting, sticking, measuring.
I liked the eerie aesthetic of the polystyrene. I was considering marking in square tiles, glad I went against the idea now though the orange masking tape spoilt the effect and bugged me so much that before uploading the photo, I digitally wiped it out using extreme contrast.